Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pinhead

First appearance: Hellraiser (1987)

Since this is the second time I'm writing about Hellraiser (See my entry on Frank Cotton, the real bad guy in the first Hellraiser movie), I'm going to, instead give the synopsis for Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. Or as I like to call it; Hellraiser 2: Hellraiser too.

A few years after the events of the first film, Kristy Cotton finds herself committed to the Channard Institute for weird mental problems, due to nobody believing her story about her uncle Frank getting killed by weird fetish enthusiasts from hell, who travel the world rewarding people who solve their weird puzzle box that's usually delivered by a dirty homeless guy who in reality is a giant bone dragon, with death. Eventually the Lament Configuration gets opened everyone goes to hell and get to meet Pinhead's boss. Once again Pinhead and Kristy meet up. Once again Kristy convinces Pinhead not to kill her but instead to team up with her to fight the real bad guys, or something.
If you haven't seen any of the Hellraiser movies and want to save some time you could start your journey with this movie. It feels like almost half the film's runtime is taken up with footage from the first Hellraiser which is why I call this one Hellraiser 2: Hellraiser too. This doubling of the title also fits as for some reason many of the characters tend to say the same thing more than once, which is why I like to call this movie Hellraiser Too: Hellraiser 2. I think I might have liked this one better than the first one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment