Monday, June 30, 2014

Freddy Krueger

First appearance: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Something's killing teens in their sleep in Springwood, U.S.A. Adults don't believe their kids are being stalked and killed in their dreams by the creepy Janitor they incinerated after he escaped legal prosecution for "child killing." Are the kids right? How come none of the parents were arrested for this act of vigilantism? Can you really beat Freddy just by turning your back on him and saying "You have no power over me" like you can with the Goblin King Jareth?

I've always found the Elm St. series a little strange in it's inconsistent tone. The first movie's creepy, the second movie is strange, the third gets a little super heroy, then it tries mixing the super hero action type stuff with creepy, Then Freddy becomes some kind of murderous clown. It's like they really don't know what to do with the concept. That didn't stop Freddy from becoming an instantly recognizable character and house hold name.

This is the second time I've tackled ol' chewing gum face. Looking back through my old Monstar drawings I thought I'd up date a couple of my favourite characters that I think I feel like drawing again.

Trailer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment